Maine effect of car travel

It was damp when we arrived and we faced worse weather later on in the week, but my time in Maine was a wondrous way to be thrown into the adventure of traveling around the world for five months. I arrived on the cusp of the seasons when it was still so beautiful that I can't describe it with words, but was not over-run with tourists. October 22nd, 2009.

We had already ate in Bar Harbor, the only real town on the island, and we had just drove for 24 hours straight in a small car. We had already been at the house, but weren't sure if it was the right one till we contacted our friend.

We returned to the house and my friends unloaded there stuff and sat, or laid down. I unloaded and went outside and snapped off some different shots, testing my camera at different settings.One of the photos I took is at the top of the page, the rest of these were snapped the next day.

 Over the first couple days playing around with my camera I got some nice shots, I loved the things I could do with it that I couldn't do with my camera before. I got a Kodak Z915 and it worked quite well for my trip. I bought it mainly for its whopping 15 second exposure time setting, which allowed me to take pictures that looked like this
Granted thats just like 3 seconds and theres a flash which is why I am visible but you also see the randomness of where I'm throwing each lighted prop. Heres another one.


Ahh, so fun to do... totally not worth $200.
The camera was worth it in the end. Between leaving b-town and coming back I had accumulated almost 6000 photos.

After my initial photo taking session the morning of my arrival I got some food and some sleep. The next day I climbed the beehive trail in the evening, then took cool juggling photos in the evening.
To be continued...

Comments

  1. great pics, history and all! waiting for the istanbul session! haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Precipice.

Procrastination is my greatest enemy.

Over the hills...